Saturday, 24 March 2012

My First taste of Illamasqua

Hi everyone, How's your weekend going? I've just got back from the cinema and am a tad disappointed! Me and the Mr went to see The Devil Inside and it has the worst ending ever. Really wish I had gone to see the Hunger Games instead.

So my post is going to be about something I bought from BuyaPower a couple of weeks ago. I took photos of it when it arrived but just haven't had the time to do a post on it, but I've finally got around to it and here it is.
So it's my first Illamasqua purchase so I was extra super excited to try it out. It was one of their cream blushers in Promise.




I really love Illamasqua's packaging for the blush. It looks really lovely in my make up bag and does a good job of keeping the product clean and protected.

 


Promise is a blue based candy pink with a dewy finish. I have been using this nearly every day since I got it which shows how much I love it. It goes on really lovely and creamy and blends really nicely. The colour can be used for both a lovely sheer wash of colour or be build up for a more dramatic look. The pigmentation is excellent and only a tiny bit is needed.
It states it has a dewy finish and this is true, it really leaves my cheeks looking lovely and naturally refreshed and not powdery and cakey like some blushes can do.




I picked mine up for £14 from BuyaPower but normal retail price is around £16.50. I think this is definitely one of my favourite blushes and think I prefer it to my Mac blushes.
I'm hoping to pick up some more for my birthday, possibly in Seduce and Laid what do you think?

I'm really impressed with little taste of Illamasqua, has anyone got any other products they would recommend from them for me to try?

Hope you like it, I bloody lurve it x Danielle x :)

P.S Have you entered my MAC giveaway yet?? It ends tomorrow. x

12 comments:

  1. Oohhh ive fallen in love with illamasqua! I have their powder blush in 'lover' - a pastel coral and i dont know how i lived without it. I want to try their cream blushers though !
    Ive just made an order on their eyeshadow and a lipgloss too - eeek :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really fallen for this so am definetly going to be trying out more of there stuff. I may try Lover as I dont have many corals in my collection x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post =]
    The Hunger Games is amazing, definitely a must see!

    http://poutypudence.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping my work friend has finished the book this week so I can drag her with my. Loved the books so much, wish there was more than 3 x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Illamasqua everything ive tried upto now is great I especially love the Masquara, Illuminators, Skinbase and beguile pigment its so pretty I'll do a post when I get comp fixed baby hasnt been well so havent taken it the shop yet so many posts to put up too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or hope little baba is better soon, my little boy is poorly today too so we having a lazy pj day. Looking forward to seeing the posts. What kind of coverage is the skinbase? x

      Delete
  4. Never tried Illamasqua but their products are supposed to be really good :)
    Would you reccomend going to see The Devil Inside? Me and my friends want to go during the easter holidays but still thinking if I should or not in case I get nightmares lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never tried them but heard so many great things about them so when this came up on BuyaPower I just got it, so glad I did, hoping all the products are as great x
      I didn't think much of devil inside, all the best bits were in the advert. x

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review, this delicate shade looks so pretty on your skin tone! BTW, I came thru ur blog via blog hop! I am following you via GFC (#97) and on Bloglovin (#33) and would appreciate if you could check out my blog and follow back! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let's Twitter Together
    Friend and Fan on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really glad you found my blog. I'll gor check yours out now x x Danielle

      Delete
  6. I'm a big fan of the Illamasqua medium pencils, but I've yet to try a blush.

    I'm also hooked on cream blushes for Sping / Summer so this looks like a perfect product for me to haul. I just wish Illamasqua was more readily available at counters so I could swatch to my hearts content :)

    xx www.wendys-glitterati.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll have to check those out. I can just see me spending a fortune on Illamasqua over next few weeks, oopps!
      I know what you mean, luckily where I go get my Mac stuff from there is a small Illamasqua counter there (although I've never been to it, silly me) so I think I'll be taking a visit and doing lots of swatching. x

      Delete