Hello girlie's, So look what arrived at my house today.... A brand new beauty box! So this is the Lux Box beauty box and it is the first box they have done. Now I did subscribe to both Glossybox and Carmine so when Carmine shut up shop I was on the look out for another beauty box to subscribe too and decided on Lux Box. So I'll get on with it and show you what was inside the newest beauty box on the market.
Now the packaging is very similar to Glossybox, same size and shaped box and when openedd it has the black tissue paper with the ribbon and sticker. I do love the colour of the Lux Box as its a lovely pale lilac colour. I also like the hot pink ribbon and sticker. Love the packaging, really glad they went in Glossy Box's direction with this as I prefer this type of packaging.
Inside the box on top of the tissue paper was a lovely card/pamphlet thingy ma bob with the Lux Box logo on the front and when opened had a list of all the items included in the box with descriptions of the products, uses and directions. I really love that they have gone into detail about the product as many beauty boxes don't and I have had times when I have wondered what I am actually supposed to do with a product so definitely a thumbs up for that. On the down side it doesn't list the prices of the products which I really like to know so unless you research and find out your self you don't know what the contents of your box is worth.
So here is what was inside......
- Steam Cream 75g - This is a handmade cream that's been made using natural ingredients that have been fused together using steam. It helps to provide long-lasting hydration for the face but can also be used on body and hands too. This product won the Beauty Insider's Choice award. Now I was slightly disappointed to see this in the box and that's because I already have it as it was in a beauty box a couple of months back. It is in different packaging but it's still essentially the same product. I do love the steam cream so will eventually get use of it but I'm no where near finishing my other pot. I am sure though that people who didn't get that previous beauty box will love this as it is a lovely cream.
- Eldora False Lashes in H146 - Eldora are a company who make handmade false lashes, they are both beautiful and affordable. Again I've received Eldora lashes in a previous beauty box (although they were a different set) and haven't gotten around to using them yet. Again lovely product but something I have already got.
- BM Beauty Eyeshadow 1g x 2 - I actually received two of these (not sure if I was supposed to or not) and they were in the shades Aquatic Galaxy + Wolf Howl. These are mineral shadows that are free from parabans, synthetic dyes and fragrances, fillers, bismuth oxychloride, nano particles and animal products. They have a wide range of colours in the collections. Again I've received one of these in a different beauty box in the past in a pink/golden shade. I really loved the shadow so am pleased to have it in two more shades. The shades are a bit out there and not something I'd normally wear but I'll try getting them to work for me somehow.
- Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream 10ml - A triple action cream that says will sooth, brighten and lift the eye area. It will revitalise weary eyes, smooth away dark shadows and reduce the appearance of fine lines. Big claims so am really excited to try this eye cream out. Love Balance Me as a brand so am feeling positive about this.
- MOA The Green Balm 1g - A 100% natural healing balm. Says it has miraculous healing powers to help soothe, nourish and renew dry, itchy skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis, bumps, grazes and minor burns. It can even work on cold sores and as a facial cleansing balm or used after shaving. So happy to see this gem in here. I've been suffering with eczema for about 4 months now so will be trying this out and hopefully it will live upto it's claims and heal me!
There is also a 50% off code on a set of eyelash extensions from Boudoir Lashes.
So that was the box. What do you think? Even though I have already received 3 of the 5 items before in other bb I still think this is a good mix of products and features some great brands. I do think they could have made the effort to not put the same items in as other bb especially 3 items and with it been their first box but I am still happy with the box. For someone who has not subscribed to a bb before this would be a great box to have. I'm going to give it another 2 boxes to see what happens and decide whether to carry on my subscription as I think three months is a fair time to test it out and see if it is worth the money.
Lux Box is available for subscription on their website and is £12.95 per month including p+p.
Looking forward to see what they do in the next box and am hoping for no more duplicates.
Danielle x :)